Monday, April 25, 2011

Ribbon Wreaths!

I want to start by thanking everyone that takes the time to check out this blog. I am new to this game but am so excited to be here and cant wait to share all the fun things I am working on.  :)

Ok so a few weeks ago a friend of mine posted a picture on Facebook of a ribbon wreath that she had made. I loved it!! I forwarded it on to some of my good friends that are also craft bloggers. So my girlfriend Kalie from the site Pink Ink Doodle and I got together for a "craft night" and got to work on creating this awesome wreath!


You will need:

16 inch styrafoam wreath
45 yards of ribbon (we used 9 different varities and different widths)
stick pins
scissors and a ruler



To begin you will need to cut your ribbons in to 4 1/2 inch strips. We found that a wreath this size will take about 360 pieces of ribbon. Kalie and I doubted several times that we would have enough ribbon but in the end we ended up having some extra.



Next we took the strips of ribbon and we looped them into circles and began pinning them all over the wreath in different areas. Kalie started by using all one color and i mixed them up. I found that it was easier to do it the way Kalie did and switched them up.



As we got closer to being done we noticed that we it got harder to find places to stick the ribbon and mostly used the last two colors to fill the holes we had missed.
We were both very happy with this project.
Give it a try, its way easy and super cute!
Love, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment